The candidates for participants in this project will be initially interviewed by a project representative for eliciting basic personal information and motivating them.
Here we propose a set of interviewing tools.
You don’t need to adhere to them, and still the candidates need to be asked before and above all about:
- Their own questions, thoughts, expectations, themes, hopes, needs, plans, concerns, etc. The task of the interviewer is to elicit the candidate’s unique attitudes and expectations, leaving as less as possible uncertainty, lack of clarity, and doubt.
The questions that may be used include (but are not limited to) the Questioning for Useful Questions (QuQU) techniques like:
- What do you think is the most useful question for you right now?
- What do you think I should ask you first?
- What questions would you like us to discuss now?
- What are the questions that you need answers to right now?
- If I was the best interviewer possible, what should I ask you about?
- What do you think this conversation should be about?
- Expectations-eliciting questions:
- What do you think will be the results for you from attending this program?
- What do you think will be the benefits for you after finishing this course?
- How do you expect to use the skills you will develop here with us?
- How do you think this program can be as useful as possible for you?
- A set of questions about the candidate’s abilities, skills, resources, already available at his disposal:
- What do you think you are you best at?
- If I asked your closest person, what would s/he say you are best at?
- What are you good at?
- What else are you good at?
- What resources do you have – personal, social, material, educational, financial, documental, etc.?
- What skills do you think you will need to develop under this program?
- What is the first skill you would like to develop?
- On a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 standing for ‘I don’t have this skill’, and 10 standing for ‘I am the best at using this skill’, where do you think you are on such a scale? What do you think is the next step you need to make, in order to develop this skill?
- The interview needs to elicit the personally most appropriate and expected first, and maybe next, step(s):
- What do you think is the first step you need to make in this project?
- What do you think the organizers need to do for you as a start?
- What do you expect will be your first step/task/lesson/skill development in this program?
- Any personally important issues should be discussed in free form with the participant, for establishing a good initial working relationship with him.
You can consult the two training videos containing exemplary interviews with an anticipated participant in the project.
In case of any need that you face upon carrying out the above described interviews, please contact:
Boyan Strahilov – email@example.com, mob. +359 89 8481111
Plamen Panayotov – firstname.lastname@example.org, mob. +359878435014